Director of Communications
As the director of communications, you will be responsible for planning, developing, and optimizing multi-channel content strategies to advance the missions of NAVS and IFER. You will collaborate with the director of digital strategy and delivery to create narrative flow and ensure consistency in brand voice across print and digital channels and work collaboratively with program team members to identify and execute communications strategies that advance program goals. You should have in-depth marketing and communications experience. This position is hybrid/remote.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute an overarching, scalable strategy that advances the missions and objectives of NAVS and IFER.
- Provide senior leadership with strategy, goals, and milestone updates and data.
- Develop and steward roadmaps for digital and print communication efforts for 12-18 months and oversee execution.
- Direct the development of content for NAVS and IFER communications.
- Develop and maintain key messages and talking points.
- Support all program promotion and marketing activities.
- Collaborate on the development of an analytics tracking strategy and lead its implementation.
- Use data to inform and guide strategy and decisions.
- Assess campaign and channel performance based on predetermined success measures.
- Track trends and metrics and recommend enhancements and other changes based on findings.
- Collaborate with the director of digital strategy and delivery to ensure consistency in messaging and orchestration of cross-channel activities.
- Collaborate on the development of multimedia assets needed for strategic web and social media content.
- Keep current on new technology trends and possibilities.
- Resource, scope efforts, review budgets, and adhere to milestones and deadlines.
- Develop practices, guidelines, and strategies to expand or increase interactions with key stakeholders, including supporters and donors.
- Support the development of content for grant applications and progress reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years of experience in communications and/or marketing
- At least 3 years of experience in a leadership or management role
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) and cross-channel communications, with demonstrable experience in designing and implementing marketing and communications campaigns
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, with a proven track record of building partnerships and collaborating with others
- Excellent project management skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple projects concurrently, and pay close attention to detail
- Ability to handle all phases of assigned projects, from concept through final delivery
- Flexible and adaptable, especially to changing priorities, direction, and deadlines
- Can work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively within a team environment
- Experience with budget management and cost assessment
To apply for this position, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org