Director of Development
As the director of development, you will be responsible for planning, developing, and executing development and fundraising strategies to advance the missions of NAVS and the International Foundation for Ethical Research (IFER). In partnership with NAVS and IFER leadership, you will help set and execute the strategic direction for fundraising for each organization. You should have in-depth, proven fundraising and donor management experience. This position is remote/hybrid.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute overarching fundraising strategies and portfolio that advance the missions and objectives of NAVS and IFER.
- Ability to establish, track, and communicate annual fundraising metrics and outcomes, and use data to identify opportunities to improve practices.
- Forecast, supervise, and approve expenditures in relation to budget.
- Create and execute a plan for financial gifts from a wide base of sources as appropriate for each organization, paying special attention to donor retention and growing the donor base.
- Create and execute a plan for major donors.
- Complete accurate and timely contact reports, schedule subsequent steps of engagement, and acknowledge donors’ time or gifts.
- Create and execute a plan for organizational giving, including foundation grants and corporate giving.
- Develop reports to support managing and measuring fundraising efforts.
- Ensure timely donor stewardship.
- Collaborate with the communications director and the director of digital strategy and delivery to achieve development goals and drive donor stewardship.
- Identify opportunities to further enhance or improve fundraising efforts for NAVS and IFER.
- Manage NAVS and IFER relationships and reporting with key fundraising organizations (e.g., Combined Federal Campaign) and charity watchdog groups.
- Ensure that state filing paperwork is submitted accurately and on time and direct activities of vendor.
- Represent the development team and organization in external settings, such as conferences and other events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years of experience in fundraising and development
- At least 3 years of experience in a leadership or management role
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or a related field, or equivalent work experience; fundraising certification (CFRE, CDE) preferred
- Has a demonstrated track record and experience raising at least $1 million annually.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, with a proven track record of building partnerships and collaborating with others
- Proven success in raising funds from individuals, foundations, corporate and/or government agencies; experience with mid- and major-level giving preferred
- Excellent project management skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple projects concurrently, and pay close attention to detail
- Ability to handle all phases of assigned projects, from concept through final delivery
- Flexible and adaptable, especially to changing priorities, direction, and deadlines
- Can work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively within a team environment
To apply for this position, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com