Share Your Vision of Compassion
NAVS’ Art for Animals contest is an opportunity for artists of all skills and ages to create images that inspire others to extend compassion and admiration to all animals. This year marks our 33rd annual competition, and we’re once again inviting you to get creative and give a visual "voice" to those who cannot speak for themselves.
In particular, we want to see the creative ways in which you can use art to showcase that animals deserve justice and freedom and that all animals, big and small, are worthy of our respect and their place in the world.
Whether you choose to focus on animals in labs, in your home, or in the wild, we want to see how you picture compassion for animals with your entry for Art for Animals 2022. Your artwork could appear in print and online messages from NAVS, and on greeting cards and on social media throughout the year.
Cash prizes will be given to First, Second and Third Place winners, one Youth (age 12 and under) winner, and one Best in Show winner. And, for the third straight year, we will continue our popular Fans’ Choice Award that will be chosen by our friends and followers on social media.
Submissions may be digitally-created artwork or digital reproductions of original paintings, illustrations or photographs. Artwork images and entry forms should be submitted via email to email@example.com. Physical artwork cannot be accepted.
The deadline for submissions is August 31, 2022.
Companion animals fill our lives with friendship and devotion, while animals in the wild inspire us with their natural beauty. Whether paying tribute to an animal in your life or appreciating animals in the world around you, Art for Animals provides an opportunity to get creative and give a voice to those who cannot speak for themselves.
Please share this page with all the artists in your life!
Click a button below to view that year's winners.
- Submissions must be original work.
- Save your submissions using the following format:
[Title of Artwork_Your Name.jpg]
- Please refrain from using religious symbols or portraying animals in clothing.
- Submitting artwork for consideration grants NAVS permission to feature the artwork online and/or in print publications in perpetuity. The artist will always be given full credit.
- NAVS reserves the right to not award all prizes if contest submissions are not suitable.
- Entries must be received by August 31, 2022.
- Email files to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Art for Animals 2022” in the subject line.
- Include the following information in the body of your email
AGE (If entering the youth contest):
HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT ART FOR ANIMALS 2022:
No physical artwork will be accepted.