Share Your Vision of Compassion
Companion animals fill our lives with friendship and devotion, while animals in the wild inspire us with their natural beauty.
NAVS’ Art for Animals contest is an opportunity for artists of all skills and ages to create images that inspire others to extend compassion, respect and justice to all animals. This year with the launch of our 33rd annual competition, we are expanding our Youth award and bringing our contest directly to the classroom, giving K-8 students an opportunity to get creative and provide a voice to those who cannot speak for themselves.
Whether students want to pay tribute to an animal in their life, or appreciate animals in the world around them, we want to see how they picture compassion for animals. A classroom wide prize for the winners, in addition their artwork could appear in NAVS’ publications, online messaging, on greeting cards and on social media!
- Students may create individual art pieces to be judged collectively as a classroom, or they may collaborate on a single piece.
- Submissions will be judged against classrooms from across the Chicagoland area—with a pizza party and award certificates for the winning classroom.
- Submissions must be original artwork.
- Save your submissions using the following format:
[Title of Artwork_Your Name.jpg]
- Please refrain from using religious symbols or portraying animals in clothing.
- Submitting artwork for consideration grants NAVS permission to feature the artwork online and/or in print publications in perpetuity. The artist will always be given full credit.
- NAVS reserves the right to not award all prizes if contest submissions are not suitable.
- Entries must be received by November 15, 2022
- Email files to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Art for Animals Youth 2022” in the subject line.
- Include the names of all student artists and their age either in the body of the email or feel free to include that information in a Word.doc or Excel chart attached.
- Include the following entry form in the body of your email.
Please reach out to us at email@example.com with any questions or suggestions you may have regarding the contest. We are excited to implement this new program and we would love to hear your thoughts!
We can’t wait to see what your students create!
Click a button below to view that year's winners.